Pre & Post Care for Injectables
As an injectable client, we would like to kindly remind you of the following before each visit:
Pre Care Instructions
Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginko Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A and E, and essential fatty acids for up to 1 week pre and post injection as they will increase your risk of bruising.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising - You may take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising
- Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2 -3 days before and after treatment (examples- tretinoin/retin-a, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone)
- Inform your provider if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment
- Do not use the above stated if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or have a history of neurologic disorders. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment
Day of Treatment
- Arrive with a clean face. Please do not wear makeup.
- You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or stinging during and following injection
- Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible
Post Care Instructions
For optimal results patients are advised to follow post-treatment recovery instructions carefully.
FOR THE FIRST 8 HOURS…
- Avoid touching or running the treated area. After this period, if necessary, gently massage the injection area to smooth any bumps (before filler becomes firm)
FOR THE FIRST 24 HOURS…
- Avoid drinking alcohol
FOR THE FIRST 72 HOURS…
- Sleep on your back rather than your side or stomach
- Avoid straw sucking, mouth guards, or any dental appointments
FOR THE FIRST 72 HOURS TO 7 DAYS…
- Avoid heavy exercise or any activity that increases your heartbeat.
- Avoid being in a hot tub, sauna, or Jacuzzi
There may be swelling the first few days after injection and you may be able to feel some pain upon touching the area.
Avoid exposing the treated area to sunlight
If you choose to apply makeup to the treated area, be very gentle with the skin
If brushing happens, you may cover with makeup. Arnica cream or pills are also helpful for reduction.