TOXIN PRE/POST CARE
PRE CARE FOR BOTOX/JEUVEAU
Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginko Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A and E, and essential fatty acids for up to 1 week pre and post injection as they will increase your risk of bruising.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising - You may take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising
- Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2 -3 days before and after treatment (examples- tretinoin/retin-a, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone)
- Do not use the above stated if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or have a history of neurologic disorders. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment
POST TREATMENT CARE FOR BOTOX/JEUVEAU
For optimal results patients are advised to follow post-treatment recovery instructions carefully.
FOR THE FIRST 4 HOURS…
FOR THE FIRST 8 HOURS…
FOR THE FIRST 24 HOURS…
- Avoid drinking any alcohol
- Avoid heavy exercise or any activity that increases your heartbeat.
- Avoid being in a hot tub, sauna, or Jacuzzi
There may be redness in the injected area-you can expect this to go down 2-3 hours after treatment.
Avoid exposing the treated area to sunlight
If you choose to apply makeup to the treated area, be very gentle with the skin
Arnica cream or pills are also helpful for reduction of bruising.