MICRONEEDLING PRE/POST CARE
PRE CARE FOR MICRONEEDLING
Please be sure to drink lots of water at least one day prior to your appointment.
- Avoid sun exposure/burns twenty-four (24) hours prior to treatment.
- Discontinue use of retinoids twelve (12) hours prior to treatment.
- You should not have an active breakout, active cold sores, or open lesions. If this occurs, your microneedling treatment should be rescheduled.
- Allow at least (twelve) 12 hours after autoimmune therapies before having a microneedling treatment.
- Wait six (6) months following isotretinoin (Accutane) use.
- Skin types Fitzpatrick IV-VI, pigment may darken prior to lightening.
- Wait at least Forty-eight (48) hours before or after Botox treatment to have a microneedling treatment.
- One (1) week before or after any fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, etc.
- One (1) month before or after laser treatments such as IPL, VBeam, etc. or chemical peels such as Vitalize, Rejuvenize, etc. or Microdermabrasion treatments.
DAY OF TREATMENT:
- Arrive with a clean face. Please do not wear makeup.
POST TREATMENT CARE FOR BOTOX/JEUVEAU
For optimal results patients are advised to follow post-treatment recovery instructions carefully.
- Immediately after your treatment, you may look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn. Your skin may feel warm & tighter than usual or may be slightly swollen. All of this is normal & should subside after 1-2 hours & will normally diminish within the same day or 24 hours.
- You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or stinging during and following treatment
- Redness, dryness, tightness and swelling after treatment are normal.
- You may see slight redness after 24 hours but only in minimal areas or spots.
- Only use the Skinfuse Serum, Rescue Calming Complex or the Lift HA Serum for the next twenty-four hours.
- After 24 hours, use a gentle cleanser to clean the face for the following 72 hours & gently dry the treated skin. At this point, resume use of broad spectrum sunblock with zinc oxide as well.
- Avoid sweaty exercise, strenuous activity, & sun exposure for 3 days after treatment.
- You may resume your normal anti-aging skincare routine after 7 days of treatment once skin is back to baseline (including Vitamin C serum, hyaluronic acid serums, retinoids, glycolic or salicylic based cleansers etc)
- DO NOT go swimming for at least 24 hours post-treatment
- Makeup may be applied after 24-36 hours following treatment, once the channels have closed.
- Day 1 – Mild to moderate redness & swelling, similar to a sunburn. No sunscreen or makeup.
- Day 2 – Some persistent redness & swelling may be present. May apply sunscreen & makeup.
- Day 3 – Most redness, bruising & swelling almost gone.
- Day 4 – Skin should return to normal appearance without makeup