Morpheus8 Pre + Post Care
Medspa DeLuxe LA: MORPHEUS8 Pre & Post Procedure Instructions
Pre-Procedure Instructions & Precautions:
Avoid sun exposure/burns twenty-four (24) hours prior to treatment.
∙ Discontinue use of retinoids twelve (12) hours prior to treatment.
∙ You should not have an active breakout, active cold sores, or open lesions. If this occurs, your microneedling treatment should be rescheduled.
∙Allow at least (twelve) 12 hours after autoimmune therapies before having a microneedling treatment.
Wait six (6) months following isotretinoin (Accutane) use.
∙ Skin types Fitzpatrick IV-VI, pigment may darken prior to lightening.
∙ Wait at least Forty-eight (48) hours before or after Botox treatment to have a microneedling treatment.
∙ One (1) week before or after any fillers such as Juvederm, Restylane, etc.
∙ One (1) month before or after laser treatments such as IPL, VBeam, etc. or chemical peels such as Vitalize, Rejuvenize, etc. or Microdermabrasion treatments.
Post-Procedure Instructions & Precautions
∙ Immediately after your treatment, you may look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn. Your skin may feel warm & tighter than usual or may be slightly swollen. All of this is normal & should subside after 1-2 hours & will normally diminish within the same day or 24 hours.
You may see slight redness after 24 hours but only in minimal areas or spots.
You may NOT USE ANYTHING on the skin for the first THREE days after treatment. Only wash fash with a VERY GENTLE/MILD cleanser. No Serums, No SPF.
- Avoid ANY exercise, strenuous activity, & sun exposure for 3-4 days after treatment.
- You may resume your normal anti-aging skincare routine after 4-7 days of treatment once skin is back to baseline (including Vitamin C serum, hyaluronic acid serums, retinoids, glycolic or salicylic based cleansers etc)
- DO NOT go swimming for at least 72 hours post-treatment
- Makeup may be applied after 24-36 hours following treatment, once the channels have closed.
- Day 1-3 – Mild to moderate redness & swelling, similar to a sunburn. No sunscreen or makeup.
- Day 2 – Some persistent redness & swelling may be present. May apply sunscreen & makeup.
- Day 4 – Most redness, bruising & swelling almost gone. Skin should return to normal appearance without makeup
- Day 5- resume recommended skin care routine. Incorporate HQ products if it was advised by Medspa DeLuxe LA
- 3 days before next treatment: stop using all retinols, HQ products, AHA BHA products, and anything face products containing Vitamin C