Pre & Post Care for Botox + Newtox
As an injectable client, we would like to kindly remind you of the following before each visit:
Pre Care Instructions
Avoid the use of Aspirin, NSAIDS, Ginko Biloba, Garlic Supplements, Green Tea, Flax Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamins A and E, and essential fatty acids for up to 1 week pre and post injection as they will increase your risk of bruising.
- Do not drink alcoholic beverages 24 hours before (or after) your treatment to avoid extra bruising - You may take Arnica tablets 2-3 days prior to your injection to reduce the risk of bruising
- Do not apply products that are potentially irritating for 2 -3 days before and after treatment (examples- tretinoin/retin-a, glycolic acid, benzoyl peroxide, hydroquinone)
- Inform your provider if you have a history of cold sores to receive advice on antiviral therapy prior to treatment
- Do not use the above stated if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, are allergic to any of its ingredients, or have a history of neurologic disorders. Please inform your provider if you have any questions about this prior to the treatment
Day of Treatment
- Arrive with a clean face. Please do not wear makeup.
- You may experience a mild amount of tenderness or stinging during and following injection
- Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible
Post Care Instructions
- Stay in a vertical position for 4 hours following injection. Do not lie down flat or bend forward for the 4 hours following treatment.
- Avoid manipulating the area for the next 4 hours after treatment
- You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness/discomfort
- Do not massage treated areas after treatment
- After treatment there will be moderate swelling and redness with possibility of bruising. You may apply or take Arnica tablets to help decrease the amount of bruising
- Avoid extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Apply SPF.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or activity that may increase your heart rate for 24 hours after treatment to reduce bruising. You may resume other normal activities/routines
- Avoid drinking alcohol, or use of hot tubs, saunas, Jacuzzi or anything that will increase body temperature for at least
- Avoid laser, IPL, microdermabrasions, chemical peels or skin tightening treatments of the area for a minimum of 5 days (or as directed by your provider) after injection
- You may continue your topical products as mentioned above 1 week after injection